Sunday, August 31, 2008

My involvement in a Merger & Acquisition

The company that I've worked for in the past 5 years have recently acquired a firm in Los Angelas and I've been assigned to participate in the training process. I did not expect this to be a pleasure experience but it turned out not as bad as I thought.

My first trip down to LA with the head of another few departments was very interesting. The people over there are not welcoming our presence, as I would expect. We called a few meetings and not many of them showed up, so we had to host a few meetings with the same discussion topic and hopefully it fits their busy schedule. I did not understand why until I found out that most people I see in that office were not staying. Some of them publicly spoke about their plan of leaving the company and some were already packing their belongings.

It took us a few days to figure out who will stay and only focus our training for those people. It was difficult at first but communication is key. We talked to the people and assure them of their job stability. Some responded with doubt but many told us they're glad to hear this from the new headquarter and would do what it takes to bring success for this M&A.

No comments: